Welcome to a flutter of style and sophistication. Whether it's for a grand event or an everyday confidence boost, fake eyelashes can elevate your look to new heights. Embracing the magic of faux lashes isn't just about adding volume or length; it's about discovering the added dimension they can bring to your eyes. From 3D mink to synthetic varieties, these small wonders come in various materials and styles to suit any look or occasion.
If you're new to the game of lashes, let’s talk about turning those eye-framing dreams into a reality.
Prepping Your Eyes: Tools, Tips, and Makeup Foundation
Starting with the right base is crucial. Consider your makeup just as an artist views a canvas—priming and ready for creative expression. There's a few things that you'll need to get started:
- Eyelashes: From flirty to dramatic, every lash set offers a fresh chapter, perfect for any event.
- Eyelash Tweezers or Applicator: This tool will help you grip and place the lashes with precision.
- Eyelash Glue: Opt for a high-quality adhesive to ensure your lashes stay put comfortably and securely. If you’re going for magnetic lashes, you can skip the glue all together.
- Scissors: Sometimes lashes need a trim to fit your eye perfectly. Have a pair of sharp scissors at the ready.
- Mirror: Preferably one that stands on its own so you have both hands free.
- Mascara and Eyeliner: These will blend your natural lashes with the fake ones and complete the look.
Applying Fake Eyelashes Preparation
Now that you have the right tools, it’s time to start your eyelash preparation:
- Cleanse your eyelids, removing any oil or residue.
Apply your eyeshadow and eyeliner as desired.
Here's a tip: if you make any mistakes, the lashes will cover them up!
- Curl your natural lashes to match the bend of the false ones.
- Apply a coat of mascara. This provides a sturdier base for the false lash to adhere to.
How to Put On Fake Eyelashes With Glue
With your lashes prepped, we can dive into the art of application and how to ensure that not only do your lashes look fabulous but they also stay put from dawn to dusk:
- Check the Fit: Hold the lash strip against your eyelid to see if you need to trim it to fit. The lash should start just after your natural inner lash line and end just before the outer corner.
- Trim the Lashes: If the lashes are too long, trim them from the outer edge to match the length of your eye.
- Apply Lash Glue: Squeeze a thin line of lash glue along the base of the false lashes. Be sparing – a small amount is all you need. Wait about 30 seconds for the glue to become tacky but not wet.
- Position the Lashes: Holding the lash with tweezers, you will want to place the lash strip on the center of your eyelid, as close to your natural lash line as possible.
- Adjust the Edges: Use a lash applicator or tweezers to gently nudge and secure the inner and outer corners.
- Press and Hold: Softly press the lashes against your lash line to ensure the glue adheres well. You might want to hold the ends for a few extra seconds to make sure they're fully secure.
- Blend with Eyeliner: Once the glue dries, you can use eyeliner to trace over the lash band to blend it seamlessly with your natural lash line.
- Final Adjustments: Use a lash curler to gently press your natural lashes and the false ones together. A touch of mascara can merge them for that indistinguishable lash look.
With a little practice and patience, you'll soon be a pro at turning up the volume on your eye makeup routine.
How to Put On Fake Eyelashes Without Glue
If you’re not quite ready to tackle applying eyelashes with glue, the good news is, there’s an alternative option to help you achieve stunning lashes without the need for adhesive:
- Choose Magnetic Lashes: Opt for magnetic lashes that come with tiny magnets attached to the lash bands. These will adhere to your natural lashes without the need for glue.
- Check the Fit: Just like with glued lashes, hold the magnetic lash strip against your eyelid to check if it fits. Trim them if necessary, ensuring they start just after your natural inner lash line and end just before the outer corner.
- Adjust Magnet Placement: Magnetic lashes usually come in two strips – one for the upper lash line and one for the lower lash line. Make sure the magnets align with each other for a secure fit.
- Place the Upper Lash: Start with the upper lash strip. Gently position it close to your natural lash line, letting the magnets attract to your lashes. Adjust the placement as needed.
- Apply the Lower Lash: Carefully place the lower lash strip beneath your natural lashes, allowing the magnets to connect with the upper lash strip. Ensure they sit comfortably and look natural.
- Secure the Lashes: Once both lash strips are in place, use a lash applicator or your fingers to press them down, securing the magnets for a snug fit. Ensure they're comfortable and not poking into your eyelid.
- Blend with Mascara (Optional): If desired, you can blend your natural and fake lashes together with a coat of mascara. This step adds extra cohesion to the look and helps create a seamless blend.
Choosing and Tailoring Your Lashes for the Ultimate Fit
Finding the perfect pair of faux lashes can be like finding the right pair of shoes; it's all about the fit and how they complement the overall look. No worries if you're new to this - here's a step-by-step guide to making sure you and your lashes are the perfect match:
- Measure First: Before trimming, hold the lash strip against your eyelid to check the fit. They should start approximately a quarter inch from the inner corner of your eye to avoid irritation.
- Mark and Trim: If the lashes are too long, make a small mark where they overhang, then trim them from the outside edge to maintain the style's integrity. Lurella's 3D Synthetic Eyelashes are versatile and can be tailored to your liking.
- Comfort is Key: Remember to trim carefully, little by little. Lashes should feel comfortable on your lids, not poking or prodding any sensitive eye areas.
- Customize the Curve: New lashes often need a bit more flexibility to fit the natural curve of your eyelid well. Gently wrap them around a makeup brush or your finger to create a softer, more natural arch.
Better Lashes with Lurella
Remember, applying fake eyelashes for beginners is just the start. As you grow in confidence, your flair for beauty grows with you. Keep experimenting, sharing, and engaging!For all your glamorous lash needs, turn to Lurella Cosmetics. From 3D Synthetic lashes, to mink, we’re here to help you live your best life! Check out our collection today.